Sunday, January 30, 2011

Look I have walls!

Busy, busy, busy! Lots of things going on with the house. I will say that building a house in the winter has it's challenges as one would expect. Our road is a complete muddy mess but not much we can do about that unless we want to have it cleaned daily - no thank you. The snow hasn't helped things but I have to commend our builder - he had his crew digging our basement with 4 inches of snow on the ground on one of the coldest days of the year. That gave me confidence!!!

The basement walls have now been poured so it's very cool to see something that resembles a part of the actual house :)


I never really knew the "process" of building a house so it's fun to watch all of the different steps take place. Living 400 yards from where it is going up definitely helps!
We now have picked out our appliances, lighting, cabinets, hardwood floor, fixtures....lots of things done! The framing should begin soon which will be very cool - then time for electrical. Tommy and his dad are doing the electrical themselves...which means I will likely be their "assistant" - HA!
Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment