Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh! It's a house!

Wow, wow, wow! It's amazing how fast this is all happening! One day it was a big hole in the ground and now it is actually starting to resemble a house! It is very cool to see our vision and our floor plan that we designed actually coming to life.

A lot of different things have been going on at once with the house process. Last week Tommy went to Loogootee to purchase the lumber he will use to build the built in's and all of the cabinets and island in my closet. I've never been so excited to see a trailer full of cherry in my life! I mean look at it - can't you envision my dream closet already? HA

This week has been full of progress. The basement floor was poured on Monday which was a big step. The framing began yesterday which is kind of what I've been waiting for - to me, that is when you can really actually start to see your house! It is amazing how quickly it goes once they begin framing. I took some pictures this morning and by this afternoon there was even more progress!
The above was taken this morning - this is the basement being framed. It will be a walkout - this will be a big family room, Tabi's room & bathroom, storage, and our garage on this level.




This is our main floor being built ^
This afternoon when I went back by to see the progress I couldn't believe it! Check this out!

Tonight we were able to go down and actually walk around and see where all of the rooms will actually be. It's awesome to now have an idea of size, etc. on everything. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

  1. Told you that part goes so fast! I can't wait to see more pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete